for the red, white & blue

Last year on my Change Warrior blog, I wrote a poem to celebrate the 4th of July's independence, freedom & blessings.

green & growing

I ended it hopefully with, the unfoldment of a story strong enough to float me.

I guess I should have paid more attention to the warning, "be careful what you ask for." 2015 took off like an out of control roller coaster. Super high highs and plunging low lows, all speed and force.

The year sped by so fast and was packed to the max.

As I struggled to catch my breath and gain some equilibrium, 2016 came roaring in with all the bells and whistles of a screaming banshee on a rampage.

It knocked my breath away and popped me flat out. No matter how alert or fast, I was constantly surprised and astounded. Crisis or blessing came one after the other, competing and colliding with each other.

The chaotic ebb and flow had me in a grip of tsunami ferocity. All I could do was surrender and let go. Go wherever I was pushed and pulled and keep my sanity through it all.

Thrive under any circumstance and remain teachable.

Frustration was just a distraction. If I let it run wild I was soon running amok in rage and bile. Slash and burn. Off with their heads! So much energy expended so uselessly.

Two steps forward, one step back as progress could only be managed in fitful starts and stops, constantly interrupted or discarded.

Some days it was enough to get up. Some days I counted myself lucky I could stay in bed.

This long weekend, as fireworks burst high above and church bells peal out the day's hours, I wonder what another year in my life will amount to.

I eagerly anticipate its unfoldment and I intend to express myself in as many ways as possible, gathering momentum and moving into velocity. Soar, baby, soar!

Liberty and justice for all! Happy Independence Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tambanokano | the titan crab

impUNITY

state of grace