schemes & expectations

"[A]s the Philippines has learned to its sorrow, running a country by public putsch creates bigger problems than it solves." ~ John Berthelsen, Editor, Asia Sentinel 

Chakras chart courtesey of Gaia

Heading home while elections were in full swing was bound to be stressful. Determined to optimize my holiday though I decided to try these chakra destressers recommended by sound healer and multimedia producer, Dudley Evenson

Set Intention: My intent was to enjoy time with family and friends that was harmonious, purposeful, relaxing, fun. 

Easier said than done and next to impossible when politics, the past and conflicting priorities were all under fire and the choice conversation of the prevailing majority, often the loudest voices too. 

My simple mantra and affirmations though often repeated were constantly challenged in the intensity of these fires being stoked. 

Visualize: I pictured us, rejoicing in each others company, celebrating momentous occasions 
together. 

These held up and worked well while we were traveling together and cushioned in comfort. But as soon as we found ourselves back home, circumstances changed, the situation got tight, and we all felt pressured and fraught. 

Express: I hoped to optimize gatherings and social events, seeing as many family and friends as we could without strain and conflict. 

Yet again conversations would heat up and explode over differences of opinion, whether it was the food, the weather, our accommodations, or who the leading political party was. 

Collaborate: Connect and converse. Be inclusive. Keep harmony. 

Being open to input and voicing one's ideas can be tricky in a large group, especially where there is a tendency towards some hive mentality. 

Inviting others to join in interaction, to work and play together without stress and emotions triggering unwanted reactions can be a hard won battle, especially among warring factions. 

Take Action: I intended to be easy and take it easy, go with the flow, and let those who wished to take the lead do what they pleased. 

I expected as guests passing through we could enjoy our hosts and bask in each others company. We turned up the music as discussions heated up. We tried to lift up spirits when we noticed them flagging or strained. We expended pent up energies in exercise and play. 

Show Up: Be present. Be myself. Be okay in my own skin. 

Keeping a sense of humor and the right perspective is always a plus. Be enthusiastic in expressing appreciation and gratitude. Steer clear of stress and harassment. Smooth things whenever possible. 

Be Grounded: Take care of the basics and keep a strong foundation to manifest what it is that I want. 

Connect with Mother Nature and my true nature. Honor and respect my needs as well as those of others, close to me or not. Hold sacred all that is near and dear to me. Stay centered even in the midst of challenges and change. 

I did not always succeed in my earnest endeavors but overall my experiences have enriched me.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tambanokano | the titan crab

impUNITY

state of grace